Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lydia's First Basketball Game

In the last few months, I've started following Spurs basketball again. I was sort of forced to stop when I decided to give up cable several years ago. Then partly as a way of giving Peter some alone time and partly as a way to spend more time with my parents, I started going to their house with the girls to watch games.

Lydia has developed a fondness for the games. I think for her the thrill is mostly about staying up late with Grandmom and Granddad.

So I was really excited when my dad invited the two of us to go with him to a Toros game last Friday.

If you're not familiar with the Toros then you're probably far too cool to be reading this blog. They're the Austin D-league basketball team. I think one of my favorite things about the Austin suburb scene is the minor leagues. In addition to the Toros, we've got the Express baseball team and the Stars hockey.

Plenty of fun.

While we were there, Lydia got to share Mommy's soda. That was probably a bigger deal than watching the game as she never gets to drink caffeine. There was a specific moment when I could tell the caffeine kicked in—she went from quietly observing to yelling her support.

Also, we got to sit right behind the pretty dancers. That's better than court-side to a little girl.


As fun as the night was, even more fun has been hearing her talk about it for a week. She's been telling everyone who will listen that "I saw the Spurs and we won!"

Good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment